March 6th, 2013
As we count down to Opening Day we would like to highlight some of the players and coaches we will be cheering on during the 2013 season. Be sure to check out our 2013 Media Guide for more tidbits about our players and coaches.
- Made his first Opening Day roster and spent his first full season in the big leagues.
- Started 49 games (48 at catcher and one as DH)…85.4% of his starts came with either Lincecum or Zito starting (started 25 of Zito’s 32 starts and 16 of Lincecum’s 33).
- The Giants were 30-18 in his starts behind the plate.
- On April 9 at Colorado, caught Barry Zito’s shutout in what was just his seventh career big league start behind the dish…the last catcher to be behind the plate for a shutout by a pitcher within his first seven starts of his career was Hank Conger (fourth start) for the Angels on Sept. 21, 2010 (pitcher was Ervin Santana).
- Hit his first Major League home run in Game 2 of a double-header on April 23 at New York-NL…his two-run shot off RHP Dillon Gee in the 7th inning extended the Giants lead to 7-1.
- Delivered a game-winning home run on May 21 at Milwaukee, hitting a solo shot in the top of the 14th inning at Miller Park off of right-handed pitcher Juan Perez… became the first Giants player to hit a go-ahead home run in the 14th inning or later in a road game since Kevin Mitchell in the 16th inning at St. Louis on May 11, 1988.