March 7th, 2013
Great news! We just received the first copy of our new book, One Common Goal, today and it looks fantastic. It wasn’t easy to condense such an amazing season into 160 pages, but we love how the final product covers all the highlights (and low-lights) of the 178 games none of us will ever forget. As you can tell by the cover, the book is very photo-heavy, but the text contributed by some of our players (Matt Cain, Hunter Pence, Pablo Sandoval and Ryan Vogelsong to name a few) makes it a fun book to read as well as look at (Personal note: “Three days later, on the stage in front of City Hall, I was older and wiser than when we won two years earlier. I did not repeat my youthful, optimistic words of 2010. So I will now. Let’s do it again!” from Buster Posey is one of our favorite excerpts).
When the publisher brought our copy to the office he told us the rest of the books are “on the boat, heading to San Francisco right now”. If you have already ordered a copy it is, literally, chugging it’s way to you, if you haven’t ordered one (we won’t ask why you haven’t) you can pre-order a copy by clicking here.
As we count down to Opening Day we would like to highlight some of the players and coaches we will be cheering on during the 2013 season. Be sure to check out our 2013 Media Guide for more tidbits about our players and coaches.
- Named the Setup Man of Year for 2009 by This Year in Baseball Awards
- Received one 10th place vote in MVP balloting in 2009
- Led all NL relievers with a 1.73 ERA in 2009
- Was named the Giants’ nominee for the Roberto Clemente Award in 2010 and 2011
- His 69 holds with SF are the second most among all left-handed relievers in Giants franchise history.
- Was a third round pick by the Kansas City Royals in 1997 and made his ML debut in 2002.