March 19th, 2013
Undefeated – Congratulations to Santiago Casilla and the entire Dominican Republic team for going 8-0 in the 2013 World Baseball Classic!
Fans have shown up to support all four teams that the World Baseball Classic have hosted at AT&T Park. Flags have been waving, drums have been beaten and its still not over yet. Today, Puerto Rico faces off against the Dominican Republic in the Championship game to determine the tournament winner. Tickets are still available and can be purchased here.
As we count down to Opening Day we would like to highlight some of the players and coaches we will be cheering on during the 2013 season. Be sure to check out our 2013 Media Guide for more tidbits about our players and coaches.
- Split time between triple-A Fresno and San Francisco, making three seperate appearances on the Giants’ roster.
- Made SF’s Opening Day roster for the first time in his career and batted .210 (22-for-105) with four home runs and 11 RBI in 48 games.
- Made 25 starts for the Giants (18 at first base and seven in left-field).
- On May 8, supplied SF with their only runs by hitting a two run homer off Clayton Kershaw in the 2nd inning of the Giants’ 2-1 win…became just the fourth Giants player to ever homer off Kershaw.
- Finished his season at triple-A batting .285 (70-for-246) with 11 HRs and 45 RBI in 60 games.