Results tagged ‘ Gary Brown ’
As we count down to Opening Day we would like to highlight some of the players and coaches we will be cheering on during the 2013 season. Be sure to check out our 2013 Media Guide for more tidbits about our players and coaches.
- 24-year-old outfielder played in 134 games for double-A Richmond and hit .279 (150-for-538) with 32 doubles and 33 stolen bases.
- Became just the second player in Flying Squirrels’ franchise history to record 30 stolen bases in a season on Aug. 3 at Harrisburg, joining Darren Ford (37 stolen bases, 2010).
- Graduated from Diamond Bar (CA) High School.
- Drafted by SF out of Cal State Fullerton, Brown was named an All-American by Baseball America (second team), Rivals.com (first team), Collegiate Baseball (first team), National Collegiate Baseball Writer’s Association (first team) and American Baseball Coaches Association (first team).
- Named 2010 Big West Conference Player of the Year, the speedy outfielder set a single-season school record in batting avg. by hitting .438 and became first Titan to steal more than 30 bases in a season since 1994 (32 steals).
- Set the Cal State Fullerton record for the most stolen bases, going 25-of-28 during his freshman season.